About the position
FI seeks a talented sales professional to work on our business development team. You will respond to leads generated by our marketing efforts and existing client referrals; meet with clients in person and on the phone to help define projects; and write proposals and follow them through the business development cycle. 99% of our work is inbound and we do not telemarket or cold call for leads. You will have the support of the entire company to develop new business and to support existing clients.
For this position, we’ll structure a salary plus commission plan, with company-paid expenses.
Essential job functions
Our business development process is very consultative in nature. Here’s how that translates to task demands of the position.
The new business specialist will:
- Respond to customer RFPs
- Conduct discovery to frame-up web and mobile projects for new and existing customers
- Facilitate conversations to educate and address customer questions
- Create scopes of work with input of FI creatives and engineers
- Present recommendations to prospective clients
- Close new business at a pace of 2-3 projects per month
- Contribute to marketing efforts and creation of thought leadership materials
- Assess new opportunities from existing clients
This person needs to be a creative thinker who can assist customers in identifying business opportunities and devising web-based and mobile solutions. An ideal candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- At least 3 years of technology-related experience
- Track record of meeting or exceeding annual quotas in business development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Superb customer service and collaboration skills
- Ability to make compelling presentations
- Professional, self-motivated, organized, and highly ethical
- Reliable car and ability to occasionally travel overnight required (no more than 10 overnight trips per year)
FI is a 20-year-old, interactive agency. We create dynamic web and mobile solutions for B2B and B2C financial companies. Our past clients include financial titans like Dow Jones, Eaton Vance, Blackrock, as well as other influential companies like Nike and the NBA. We’re proud of what we do and continue to grow our staff, locations, and service offerings.
We have a passionate team of strategists, designers, engineers, and business development professionals who love what they do. Join a fantastic team that’s creating great things.
What FI offers
- Cubicle-free zone
- Carlsbad, CA – far away from the soul-crushing city commute
- Talented people in a knowledge sharing environment
- Health and dental coverage
- Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays & Flex Fridays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized professional development
How to apply
Submit your resume and a writing sample in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
An interview will be your sales pitch, be ready! Please, no phone calls.